Hosted IP PBX refers to the IP (Internet Protocol) based PBX (Private branch exchange) which is hosted in a server at the Service Provider premises. In simple form, the term Hosted refers to the physical location of the IP-PBX. A Hosted IP-PBX is located at the premises of the provider who is offering the Hosted IP-PBX service. The only equipment that resides at the customer premises is the IP handsets that communicate with the IP-PBX via IP telephony. There are many features of hosted IP PBX and some are described below.
Various Features provided by Hosted IP PBX:
* Abbreviated Dial – This is similar as Speed dial but does not require only available buttons for assignments. You can create as many as 99 abbreviated dial codes on your handset.
* Anonymous Call Rejection – To reject anonymous call simply input three button codes on your phone.
* Auto-Attendants – This is the optional feature. Prerecorded greeting that direct your callers by departments, personal extension numbers, dial by name directory, Daytime mode and Night time mode.
* Caller ID Name – Through this feature, you can display your company's name when calling to clients and business partners.
* Call Waiting – You can also see who is calling you on another line while attending the previous call.
* Call on Hold - If you need to place your caller on hold you can choose to play either custom music or an announcement about your latest promotion.
* Call Transfer – By this feature, you can transfer any live call to any extension or outside lines.
* Call Park – This feature is similar to placing a caller on hold so that you will be able to retrieve this call from another phone in your office, e.g. kitchen, warehouse, data room, etc.
* Call Forward – You can redirect all of your incoming calls to the cell phone, another extension, voice mail, etc.
* Call Duration Display – This feature displays the duration of a call in minutes and seconds.
* Caller ID Display – You can see who is calling you and also from where this call is.
* Conference Bridge – This is an optional feature. You can schedule conference calls for up to 90+ participants.
* Intercom – You can talk within the coworker's extension
* Night Service - During the non-working hours, you can direct all calls to another phone number or simply to a voice mail.
* Password Protection - Each Voice Mailbox and Web Portal profiles are password protected.
* Remote Phone – You can access and use your office desk phone from your cell phone, home phone, or any other handset. Activate the Remote Phone through your mobile phone and make the calls as if you were calling from the office. Depending on the settings of your caller ID you can show your company's main line phone number.
* Voice Mail – This feature provides personal voice mailbox for every handset or extension within your office. Remote access to your voice mail with the full control of all the options
* Virtual Ring - Callers from particular numbers hear ringing as if the call had not been answered. Ringing continues until the caller disconnects the call.
* Web Portal – This feature provides safe online access to your desk phone. This control panel allows you to set call forwarding, check voice mail, view call log, schedule a Conference Bridge and much more.
* 3-way conference – By this feature, you can invite a third-party to join your call conversation.
Whichvoip is a place where you can compare leading VoIP service providers. Choose your hosted VoIP and virtual PBX by comparing its features and select the one best suit you. You can also select small business VoIP.