An IP PBX is a telephone technology which has replaced old PBX with the new IP PBX.
This is a complete telephony solution which provides all the telephone calls over internet protocol in which data networks are used for the transmission of call data. It involves the transmission through data packets over the network. All business are routing from the old PBX systems to the latest PBX to gain more scalability and robustness in the business operations. It helps the enterprise to have uninterrupted communication to the outer world.
The technology Involved
It involves SIP phones which act as IP PBX server and a VOIP system which act as a gateway to connect to the already installed PSTN lines. In this IP PBX act as a proxy server. The user needs to register with the PBX provider, so when the user wishes to make a call the provider they create the connection with the IP PBX. It has a pre recorded and coded directory which has the phone numbers of all the users with the corresponding SIP address.
Advantage of IP PBX
1. Easy Installation and Configuration: It is far easier to install and configure than the regular phone system. The latest IP PBX gets install on your systems like other installed software and runs like a program using the advanced power of the computer.
2. Easy to Manage: The installed IP PBX uses the computer as the user interface which is familiar and easy to use. Via your PC you can access and fine tune the PBX functionalities.
3. Cost Effective: There are many VOIP providers which offer cost effective PBX services. They provide services for both long distance and international calls. It allows you to connect your office at near by locations and make free calls between them.
4. Its wireless: With IP PBX you can connect your phones directly to your computer systems via network ports available. This eliminates the use of the wiring involved.
5. You can MIX Match: IP PBX runs on SIP phones. We can use any type of hardware or software phone.
So the decision of shifting to IP PBX is favorable for all. The savings in money are significant.
Glimpse of Hosted PBX
Hosted PBX is a virtual technology which helps small companies to project themselves as big firms. This advanced technique help you to communicate successfully with all your clients and customers regardless of their location. The user has full control over all the activities of hosted PBX and all these facilities can be availed at low price.
Hosted PBX gives the freedom of using the PBX features without spending much on maintaining the PBX equipments. This virtual technology also gives the leverage to connect the faxes and voice mail systems with your main phone numbers. Customers enjoy long distance calls at very low rates.
Hosted PBX system’s installation and activation time and charges are very minimal. One can also enjoy the video calling facility in this. The hosted PBX service provider also provides you with a toll free number for your business which is a great plus thing.
Whichvoip is a place where you can compare leading service provider of IP PBX, voice mail, and fax mail service. They will help you to select the best hosted PBX Provider.